Monday, February 29, 2016

Week Two: Footings begin

The highlight from the weekend is the wind really came up Saturday night, and when I went to check the site Sunday morning the tarps were all blown into a pile.  I wish I could have taken video of myself setting them back in the wind.  It was comical for me, but probably not as comical as it was for the neighbors if they were watching.  I only partially restored them, and finished securing them once the wind died down today.  I'm not sure if I secured them any better this time, but I hope I did.   Time will tell as there are wind warnings for tonight too.

This morning I met Chuck from Merrygait Construction at the site.   Using the offsets the surveyor set a few weeks back, along with the building plans he established the corners for the building.   While that was occurring Mount Vernon Building Supply delivered the wood and rebar for the footing forms.  At this point I had to go back to my real job, and I left Chuck and his crew to do their thing.  I returned later in the afternoon to check on the progress.  The outline and forms are starting to come together.  The step downs slow things down a bit, but hopefully by end of day tomorrow or Wednesday the forms will be set.  Once they are set the city will come out and inspect them.  If they meet the requirements the concrete truck will come out.  Target is to have the footings poured by the end of the week.

Here are a few pics I took today.  I probably won't post any more until it's time to pour the footings as this is really not a very exciting part of the process.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment