Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Painting


Ahhh the joys of painting.   Ok there really is no joy in painting, maybe a little bit at the end when you look at it and go, hmmmm I think that was worth it.   Unless it's a ceiling.   There is never any joy in painting ceilings.

We have been making good progress painting and are about half way done.  New walls really like paint, we are finding we need to prime and then 2 coats on the interior.   The crew I hired to paint the exterior started yesterday. They are making good progress and shouldl wrap up by the end of the week, while we hope to wrap up interior by end of the weekend.  There may still be some cutting in to do, but the bulk of the interior painting should be complete.

Floors:   Yesterday we picked up 4300 lbs of hardwood flooring for the upstairs.  After schlepping each 65 lb box up the stairs we decided that is not a good future career choice.  For wood floors ended up going the pre-finished route.  I know I know, new construction do site finished.   The cost seemed insane, ok not seemed it was. We looked around at some of the prefinished options and we found some really cool wood.  At least it's cool to us, and it's still solid 3/4 inch wood and not engineere,d so if I hate it and want to finish it differently we can.  If anyone is curious here is a link to the we are going with.  FLOORING LINK

In the basement we are staining the concrete and then putting a sealer on it.  Nick our concrete stain guy came out yesterday and we did a test patch in a closet.  And I forgot to take a picture of it.  It turned out nice.  We are having him change it a bit and do another test on Thursday, but I think we are close and it looked great, we just want to alter the color pattern slightly.

More to come.  Here are some of the pics I've been promising.



Drywall and texture complete downstairs
Upstairs drywall and texture finished
I installed an awesome sink.  It's been great for painting cleanup, or if I get thirsty
Finishing up the upstairs painting, just need to cut in along the ceiling.  The gray color looks kinda white in the pictures. Notice the big pile of hardwood flooring we schlepped in yesterday, that is just part of the 4300 lbs of flooring
My exterior painter started the outside.  Starting to think after the ceilings I should have hired him for the inside.   Kidding
Back of the house painting in progress.
An almost finished room, it even has a light fixture.  This will be my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment