Thursday, May 5, 2016

Backfill done, deck post footings dug, and some upper floor walls

Yesterday I just posted some pics real quick, so today I'm going back to post some words about what's been going on.    

Backfill:   Tuesday and Wednesday Mike from Catapult Construction came out and filled in the utility trench, and back filled around the foundation.  He also move a couple of rocks for me, put some dirt in to provide more of an apron on the front of the garage.  After he was done he dug out some holes for the deck footings.  And one last thing before he left was to cut the street curb.   I ran into a few issues with the city around that as apparently the curb is part of public works and is not included in my building permit.  After some phone calls it all got straightened out.

Deck Footings:   I was suprised on Tuesday by a call from Edco that my custom brackets were done.  I was expecting them to take an additional week.   This really helped out as I was able to get my concrete guy to come out on Friday to start pouring the piers for the deck, and to form up the curb for my driveway access.

Framing:   The framing crew has wrapped up the SIPs and are finishing up the interior walls.   I ran into another road block with the building supply store where the trusses won't be delivered for 2 weeks.   In order to keep the framers busy we have shifted gears a bit and our going to start working on the decks and getting the southwest corner roof post and beam set.  This actually works out well as having the front deck in place will make it easier to install windows, siding, etc.



Deck support brackets
Front yard.  
deck pier footing holes
back deck footing hole
Backyard
Upstairs office and coat closet
upstairs office
furring of master bath wall

No comments:

Post a Comment