Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Passed Inspections, drywall coming soon

I know it's been a few days, and I left everyone hanging with the pending inspections.    Here's how it went.  The city passed, ducting, gas, plumbing, framing.  Woohoo.  On Monday LnI failed electrical, but that was sort of planned.  All of the corrections were minor ( mud plate for the gas line bond, I  missed a wall section that required an outlet, and a requirement for the outdoor outlets I missed ( I had 3, but missed a location detail so now I have 4)  and a few other random easy fixes )  Anyways I performed the required corrections and passed on Thursday.  Now I can run power to the panel.    I haven't figured out the timing of this as I don't think I want power until after the drywallers are complete.

So that covers the inspection piece.  Well I have another one tomorrow for in wall speaker wire.  I didn't know speaker wires required an inspection, but the inspector kindly informed me when I was talking to him about the Cat 6 cabling, actually I've found all of the inspectors to be quite helpful.

The siding crew still has a few days of work.  It's taking longer than expected but they continue to have labor shortages.  3 sides are done and they are now working on the front.

I've been preparing for the drywallers, mostly by tidying up any wiring, making sure nail plates are in, foam insulating the windows, caulking the sip joints and putting up the sip tape.  I've also been staining the soffit boards for the front entry, and miscellaneous cleanup plus dump runs.   Probably a few other things I'm missing like running the coax and ethernet, installing drip lines for the mini splits screening the fresh air intakes.   I'm just happy anytime I check something off a list.

What's next?  Tomorrow I have some subs coming out to spray foam 2 inches of foam around the rim joist.  This is the section of house between the floors.  I'm not sure if it's required by code and I know 20 years ago this generally wasn't done, but IMO it's a good idea.   On Friday the same crew is coming out to insulate the garage ceiling, and the walls between the garage and the house.  Even though the garage is heated this is still a code thing.  They are also going to sound insulate a few walls.  Primarily around bathrooms and the Master bedroom.

Next week should be absolute chaos.  Drywallers on Monday, rain gutters and the solar panels on Tuesday.

Not much that is too exciting in pictures, but here are the latest


Electrical Inspection passed sticker on the meter.   Some coax hanging out of the house and the mini split refrigerant lines.
Random wiring picture
Electrical panel.   Notice the green inspection approval sticker.  8-)  
More random wiring pics.  I hope I remember what's going on in this box.   Kidding.  I actually wrote it down.
Siding complete on the East side and North side.
Ethernet ( cat 6 ) and coax panel
Staining soffit boards


No comments:

Post a Comment